- Chemistry for Kids — Protons, Electrons and Neutrons, oh my! Come learn a few basics of chemistry in a very hands-on way including the organization of the periodic table, what makes an atom an atom, and what makes chemicals react? Safety procedures will be followed and kids will have a great time making some edible atoms while learning about the amazing way God created the chemical world.
Date: Tuesday, March 12th (9:30-11:00) Grades: 3-6
Cost: $8/student Limited to 24 Students
- Animal Tracking — Come and take a walk around Woodcrest in search of evidence of our four-footed friends. Students will learn how to identify various common tracks found in the wild. Each participant will cast a plaster track to take home handouts for future tracking. Be prepared to walk in the woods with appropriate footwear and clothing. Great Co-op Field Trip Class.
Dates: Thursday, March 21st Grades: Family Class Cost: $15/family
— Session A 9:30-11:30 Limited to 15 Families
— Session B 1:00-3:00 Limited to 15 Families
- Building A Better Birdhouse — What better way to learn about bird habitats then by building one? Learn practical ways to create a space for birds to thrive in your backyard. Each student will also make their own wooden birdhouse to take home.
Date: Tuesday, April 9th (1:00-3:00) Grades: 3-8
Cost: $10/student Limited to 18 families
- Spring Service Day — Are you looking for a service project for your family or co-op? Join us for this special homeschool day of service and fun. We will have a variety of jobs that will help Woodcrest get ready for the busy summer season. After tidying up, we will provide a delicious campfire lunch and allow you to spend the afternoon enjoying our trails and playgrounds.
Date: Tuesday, April 23rd (9:30-12:30) Grades: Families
- Game Builders — Discover the heart of a Program Director as you learn to create new games from old games and use things from around the house for something new. Come ready to have lots of fun in this totally crazy class.
Date: Thursday, April 25th (1:00-3:00) Grades: 3-8
- Wilderness Survival 101 — Learn the basics of outdoor survival in this very fun class. Students will spend time learning the basics of knot tying, shelter building, and fire starting. At the end of participants will put into practice their skills by cooking their own lunch over the fire. Great Co-op Field Trip Class.
Date: Thursday, May 2nd (9:30-12:00) Grades: 6-12
Cost: $15/student Limited to 24 students
- Geo “Wood” Caching — A great family activity. Explore the woods at Woodcrest using your mobile device. Navigate our trails looking for and hiding objects (caches). Learn the skills here and then apply them around the world.
Date: Tuesday, May 7th (1:00-3:00) Grades: Family (or grades 8-up)
Cost: $10/family Limited to 15 families
- Waterslide Day — We want to thank our families for their support. This fun day is designed for families to simply come and enjoy Woodcrest. Our famous waterslide will be open and our Oak Shade pavilion available for you to have a picnic.
Date: Thursday, May 23rd (1:00-3:00) Grades: Family
Cost: $4/person or $15/family
- Understanding Native American Culture— We have some special guests coming to share on the diversity and richness of Native American culture. They will use artifacts from Woodcrest’s collection of local Native culture while also showing students the art of making arrow heads, starting fires, and so much more.
Date: Thursday, May 23rd (6:30-8:00p.m.) Grades: Family
- Lifeguard Training Weekend — Become a lifeguard to get yourself a rewarding summer job. Lifeguard Training Weekend will help ensure that you are properly prepared and certified to lifeguard a community pool. Additionally, if you are hired by Woodcrest to lifeguard this summer for our pool, we will cover the cost of your training. Call for more details. Meals are provided on Saturday (lunch and dinner) and snacks for Friday and Saturday.
Dates: Friday, May 17th (6:00-10:00 p.m.), Saturday, May 18th (8:00-8:00), Sunday, May 19th (1:00-5:00)
- Parent & Child Canoe Trip — The Fall is a beautiful time to canoe down the Schuylkill River. Our staff with guide you down the river for a fun-filled time. The trip will include snacks, games, use of Woodcrest canoes and lifejackets, and shuttling. We will meet at Woodcrest at 10:00 a.m. and caravan to our drop-in spot in Leesport. We will then shuttle drivers back to their cars after the trip at approximately 3:00 p.m. You will be emailed full details and maps prior to the trip.
Dates: Thursday, May 30th (10:00-3:00) For: Parent w/ Child (age 8-up)
Cost: $125 (One parent w/ one child; $25 for additional child)
Limited to 10 Families
Woodcrest Partner Program:
Theater Tips — Interested in acting? Want to make good friendships in a godly atmosphere? Come to Theater Tips held by Lancaster Youth Productions (LYP) at Woodcrest Retreat! LYP is an amateur theater group with a mission to use acting to glorify God and entertain others. We do an annual summer play, and meet throughout the year to practice acting skills while having time with friends. Some of our past productions include A Christmas Carol, The Prince and the Pauper, and Overcome. Theater Tips takes place twice a month on Monday evenings, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (in the lower level of our Indian Rock Center). Dates for the Spring session are as follows: February 26, March 11 and 25, April 8 and 22. Auditions for the summer production will be April 23rd. If you are interested in participating, please contact Elizabeth Gormley at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details. Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LYPTheaterGroup for more details about our group!
Dates: Selected Mondays (6:30-8:30 p.m.) Grades: 3-12
Cost: $15/Student or $20/Family
To Register for classes visit Here
225 Woodcrest Drive Ephrata, PA 17522
Details and Policies
- Parents with other children who are not in a class are welcome to use the playgrounds during class time. Parents are also invited to sit in on classes in the back of the room to observe.
- An Emergency Contact Release Form needs to be completed each semester so that School of Wonder staff have access to parents in case of emergency during class time. This form is available on the side menu of this page and at each class.
- Payment can be made by mailing a check to Woodcrest Retreat. Credit Card payment can be made over the phone or by stopping in the office prior to your registered class. We are also able to accept payment online at the time of registration. Payment for all registered classes should be made on the date of your first registered class. Once payment is received, there are no refunds for cancellations less than two weeks before scheduled classes or for no shows.
- You will receive an email with arrival instructions and other relevant information for that session, approximately a week before the scheduled date. Feel free to contact the camp office with questions.
- If your child or someone in the immediate family are feeling ill, please do not attend your registered class. If you notify Woodcrest before the scheduled class begins, partial refunds may be offered