- Aquatic Life — Specialized programs include pond studies, aquatic invertebrates, water chemistry, and microscope labs. Students should expect to get wet for most aquatic classes as they capture critters and collect water samples in one of our ponds.
- Plant Life — Atop Ephrata Mountain, Woodcrest Retreat offers a diverse and varied canopy. Learn about forestry, tree identification, botany, and soil studies.
- Animal Life — With 110 acres and most of that forest and fields, there is abundant animal life. Our animal studies includes animal tracking, bones, dissection, ecology (food chain studies), adaptation & habitats, insects, birds, and more. The School of Wonder has a great collection of skins, mounts and other displays for hands on viewing and study.
- Earth Studies — Woodcrest offers a unique environment for studies in geology, rocketry, astronomy, orienteering, topography (map reading), and more.
- Sensory Studies — A special series of classes for our younger students (kindergarten through third grade), our sensory studies will equip students to use their five senses to learn about their surroundings and themselves. Through one-of-a-kind activities, students learn about their senses, camouflage, and even how animals use their senses to survive.
- Leadership Activities — Come and experience a unique way to learn about leadership. Using Woodcrest’s low ropes course and other original activities, students learn about problem solving, team work, leadership qualities, and more. Programs can be geared for small groups or large groups. Our staff can even travel to your school to do leadership-based programming. Learn more about our leadership program by clicking here.
- Other Activities — Combine your time with a bonfire, snack, hay ride, or field games. We can help you plan the perfect field trip adventure, school picnic, or other special event. To discuss the various options, please call the camp office.