The Way Extreme – Youth Group Event
The WAY Extreme will next commence in 2025. To put your group on a waitlist or request more info for our next WAY event or other youth group events we do, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every two years, an event unlike any other takes place on the Woodcrest mountain. Our most popular youth event, The WAY Extreme, is a night for senior high youth groups to be challenged and inspired. Under the cover of darkness, youth will explore what it would be like to live in a place and time where being a “Christian” is illegal. Be prepared to find hidden directions enabling you to smuggle Bibles to the “underground” church while eluding the “guards”. Don’t miss this powerful evening to learn about the persecuted church!
Hear what youth leaders from The WAY Extreme 2023 said about their experience!
- All of us from Calvary Bible Church want to thank all those who served this ministry for our edification. There is already excitement and anticipation to participate next time.
- The guards did an excellent job of asking the right questions. When asked to share scripture out of the Bible our group realized we don’t have as much scripture memorized as we would like to. It was a challenging moment for all of us that I believe will be remembered well.
- When asked about scripture our group was very challenged. It made us aware that if asked out if the blue why we’re a Christian, we need to work on our answer.
- There were several youth that reflected on their need to better prepare to answer why they believe God’s Word and their reasons how they know He exists.
- Most of the students in my group attend a Christian school, and so the prospect of someone not understanding what they believe was new to them. They mentioned how even if someone did ask them what they believe, they don’t think it would be a genuine question, and that they don’t want to be pushy about their faith. Explaining the Christian call to share the gospel in light of this was tricky, but necessary. One funny thing: towards the end of the night we were scared by someone in the woods in full camo! It was very funny.
- Wanted to let you know that our group really enjoyed the activity on Saturday night. Andrea and I were with mostly 9th graders, who were pretty quiet, but we were proud that they mustered up the courage to talk to the guards!